Bebé Sueño

A Colombian adoption story!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Iguana Adventure

We went to lunch in the park today and had hamburguesas y papas fritas francés - very good. Same toppings and general flavor as your ball park burgers.

The unfamiliarity came with the little creatures that are obviously used to being fed scraps!

DSCN0159

DSCN0164

Elkin was a little scared... Stacy was really scared! Elkin put his legs up on my chair as they got close. He was afraid they'd bite him. No one else was feeding them so we certainly didn't. First it was just one and then it got closer and then it got even closer. I think he signaled to his buddies at that point that we might be suckers for hungry lizards so one by one they kept coming. At one time there were five or six surrounding our table!

A park ranger just walked by and they all scattered. They must regularly chase them off.

It was very cool though. We're still on the lookout for the monkeys (though we think we saw one a few days ago) and a sloth. Personally, I'm looking very forward to seeing a sloth. Weird animals.

We had another post today too about our swimming trip so if you didn't see it just scroll down.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Okay, those dudes are scary...

Joanne

September 24, 2008 at 8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that we are thinking of you. I even have my bible study group praying for you! I am praying that you all learn to love each other very strongly. He is a lucky little boy and I am sure he will soon realize that. I hope all goes well. Thanks for the blog, it sure keeps all of us connected with you. We hope for the very best.

September 25, 2008 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I'm following your blog and I love it! Felicitaciones in your journey! He is a very handsome boy!

And the iguanas are really cool!

September 25, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home