Bebé Sueño

A Colombian adoption story!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bad News on the Visa!

The visas showed up today. And they're wrong :(

The expiration date printed on both of our visas says March of 2008. Yes, 2008. I'm guessing it should be 2009. Regardless, it appears to be expired already so that does us no good.

I'm just really, really, really glad I noticed it now. I can't imagine the panic that we might have felt as we hand our passports to the receptionist at the airport and he tells us that we can't fly because our Colombian visas are expired. That would have been a disaster.

I have no idea what we'll need to do to fix this. The consulate closes at 1:00 every day. I left a frantic message but we won't hear back until tomorrow sometime. More overnight shipping, who knows how much more paperwork...

We're still waiting on our fingerprints too. We leave in two weeks so there's still time to get everything (and get everything fixed) but the 20th is getting closer all the time.

Wish us luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

I am in Bogota now with my new kiddo. Let me know if you want to try to meet up, if you are in Bogota for any length of time.

Joanne (vinsonbaby.blogspot.com)

September 4, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home