Bebé Sueño

A Colombian adoption story!

Monday, July 16, 2007

The Shopping Begins!

Well, I can't believe I made it this long without making a purchase for our poco bambino (little child). We were at Target yesterday perusing the Dollar Spot section (gotta love the Dollar Spot!) and we found some very cute cardboard books that teach children shapes, animals, and colors. We bought all three of them and we thought they would be great books to take down with us when we pick up our child in Colombia. There's a picture of an animal, such as a turkey, with caption of "Turkey". I had the great idea of writing the Spanish word equivalent below the English word. (Turkey is Turquía in Spanish in case you are interested!) It's very important to us to incorporate Colombian culture into our child's life and we both working on our Spanish so we can raise our child to be bilingual. Vive Colombia!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Ok, I am totally going to run to Target and see if our Dollar Spot has them too (I LOVE Target too)! That is an awesome idea. There are some really cute spanish/english toys out now too which is going to be fun.

July 16, 2007 at 2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just keep looking at little girl things but so far have been able to resist buying anything. I do need to get started on a quilt though because I guess I will have to make two - one with boy colors and one with girl colors. This grandma can hardly wait!

July 19, 2007 at 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home