Bebé Sueño

A Colombian adoption story!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Elkin's Goose Egg

Today was Elkin's second day at preschool. I got a call about half way through that he had been running and fell down. I was told that he had a pretty bad goose egg and was very upset. They said I needed to come immediately and pick him up and take him somewhere to get it checked out. I was of course freaking out but not expecting to see something that looked this bad.

DSCN1173

He was very upset when I got there but calmed down pretty quick. This was our first injury so I was pretty much panicking. I picked Papi up at work (the nurse told us to keep ice on his head and I had to drive) and we rushed him to the doctor's office. The doc said that it wasn't anything serious. He may get a black eye as well as it heals. He's in pretty good spirits now and so far still excited about going back to school next week.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Oh my goodness, I will totally be the one freaking out more than my kids! That looks so bad, but I'm so glad he's A-OK.

April 1, 2009 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

oh, yes, toddler boys! That would have made me panic, too. Our son Drew was 23 months old when he jumped on the couch, hit the end table, and needed stitches. I am just waiting for the next injury! I'm glad Elkin is ok and I hope you are ok now, too :0

April 1, 2009 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger Jeff and Jennie :-) said...

Owwwwie!! So glad it turned out ok, but I can see how it would be very scary, especially looking the way it did. Yikes!

April 1, 2009 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger Sarah Fisher said...

Oh my goodness!

April 3, 2009 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

OH MY!!! That would have freaked me out, too!! I've learned from experience that if you wrap the bump, it will go down. My nephews have done this quite a bit in the past few years. Not as big as Elkin's... We even used those infant girl hair bands. It's elastic and we just put it around the head. You could also use an ace bandage or that adhesive bandage like you get after get your blood taken. It great stuff to keep aroud the house.

April 11, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home